A cloud kitchen is also known as a virtual kitchen, shared kitchen, ghost kitchen, or delivery kitchen that provides food businesses, facilities, and services to prepare food. Its main focus is to prepare online food orders and delivery.
Cloud technology can make it easier for you to order online at a lower cost A cloud kitchen can be a centralized commercial food production facility where multiple restaurants can share resources and prepare food The number of cloud kitchens in India is expected to grow by more than 50% year-on-year and it is considered one of the most profitable small businesses.
How can you start cloud kitchen?
If you are thinking to start a cloud kitchen you need to consider some points before you start which can help you to make a profitable business. In this period of technology, there is a growing need for online food businesses because people don’t want to invest their time in traveling in search of good food. So, there are a lot of scopes and profitable deals to open this type of business. For this, you need to keep a few things in mind
- Location: The location doesn’t need to be very accessible because customers won’t be rushing. It simply has to be placed between the most demanding customers and suits you operationally and logistically so that you can deliver in the best conditions.
- License: With the license, you can help maintain high standards and hygiene. These licenses will also keep you from landing on legal red tape. Licenses such as FSSAI, fire permit, trade permit, and GST registration will be necessary for starting an online food business.
- Quality: You have to gain the customer’s needs and satisfaction. It is necessary to keep good quality food. You will need to decide how many chefs, maids, or other types of employees you will need based on your food product and business model It is advisable to start with a small staff and then scale up as needed. Most of the time, cloud kitchen operate with small staff sizes.
- Technology: You can track your orders with technology and when a customer places an order through an app, you’ll be able to see it on your mobile device, laptop, or tablet.
- Delivery: You must hire a good driver Delivering food correctly and quickly means a lot of satisfied customers Or, you can use online food delivery platforms like Swiggy and Zomato to help with logistics.
Keeping these things in mind you can start your own business with a great marketing strategy and actions. Every business needs a proper financial model and you have to analyze that and avoid overestimation of costs. So, you can start now your own cloud kitchen business.